What’s Raw Job’s Tears? For many, this sounds too exotic for skincare but for traditional Taiwanese and Chinese medicine, Raw Job’s Tears or coix seeds or “adlay” (similar to barley) are used to treat ailments in the respiratory and digestive systems for detoxification. Let me tell you why My Scheming Raw Job’s Tears Brightening Black Mask is my HG mask so far.
- Also known as dehulled adlay, this black mask contains rich vitamins and micro-minerals that aims to soothe, calm and hydrate skin.
- My Scheming Raw Job’s Tears Brightening Black Mask also contains rich grain amino acids that provide deep nourishment for dull, tired skin or aging skin, to achieve a luminous glow.
- Apart from this, this intense hydration can lock in skin’s water supply and maintain a healthy metabolism for the skin.
- This also can help balance oil secretion, making skin firm and improve any wrinkles.
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Hydrolyzed Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, Coix Lacryma-jobi (Raw Job’s Tears)seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Peg-120 Jojoba Esters, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/stem Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Fragrance, Niacinamide, Xanthan Gum, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cestrum Latifolium Leaf Extract, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine
Volume: 30 ml
How to use:
Important note: Do not forget to complete a skin patch test first.
1. Double cleanse and apply toner to face.
2. Carefully remove the shiny, protective sheet and apply the mask on the middle of the face.
3. Fit well at the edges and smooth out any bubbles to cover entire skin area and absorb the essence fully.
4. Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the mask and gently pat any excess serum to absorb into the skin.
6. Use this mask 2-3 times every week.
My Skin Type: Normal/Combination
My Scheming Raw Job’s Tears Brightening Black Mask Review:
This is my first black mask and all I can say is that my experience with it is such a treat. My Scheming Raw Job’s Tears Brightening Black Mask is the juiciest mask I have ever tried and the serum is thick like aloe, almost jelly like. Despite this thickness, it is still light and very cooling and refreshing.
The black mask material is sturdy not fragile, you can fit the mask well into the edges of your face and easily smooth out due to the dripping serum. I really love this material. There is no discernible scent, to me it smells like faint bubble tea or tapioca pearls, which I love!
There was no serum left inside the pack, the black mask soaked it all up very nicely. I placed this on my face for 40 minutes and it was still wet when I removed it.
Oh my goodness, when I removed the mask, my skin is plump, bouncy and glowing. Not just bright and porcelain-like like how most My Scheming masks perform but I had a nice flush, that makes my skin appear healthy and vibrant. It’s like I applied a little cheek tint and BB cream, it was spectacular and I am not exaggerating.
These immediate effects lasted until the next day, my skin texture vastly improved too and my skin tone is even, all redness was gone. I was really hoping to wear this black mask longer since it was such an enjoyable experience and now, I am a big fan of Raw Job’s Tears. My HG sheet mask for sure.
Where to buy:
eBay for $1.80
Have you tried My Scheming Raw Job’s Tears Brightening Black Mask?
Do share your thoughts in comments 🙂