In all honesty, I’ve never heard of the brand Choonee until stumbling across it during one of my strolls through the aisles of a local pharmacy/drugstore. Intrigued by the cute packaging and seeing it on sale, I immediately checked the ingredients before deciding to buy the only two versions which do not contain any drying alcohols. And, well, I’m quite impressed with Choonee Bird’s Nest Brightening Mask.
Infused with swiftlet’s nest extract, this mask pack nurtures the skin to keep it in an elastic state full of vitality. Contains nourishing elements that are absorbed into the skin. Also claimed to contain 1,000ppm of swiftlet’s nest extract.
Ideal for those with problems of: Dryness, elasticity loss, rough skin, and dull skin tone.
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-17/6 copolymer, Swiftlet Nest Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Sophora Flavescens Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sesamum Indicum Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.
Here is the Cosdna analysis.
- Swiftlet’s Nest Extract: Is known to be rich in protein, carbohydrates and various minerals. Gives great moisture and elasticity to the skin.
- Royal Jelly Extract: Royal jelly consists of rich protein and vitamin B which allows the skin to be lively.
- Seaweed Extract: It activates the skin that has been non-effective due to aging to produce liveliness and elasticity to the skin.
- Licorice Extract: It calms down and reduces any irritation to the sensitive skin.
- Spirulina Extract: It contains essential amino acid, high protein, and different minerals that activates the skin and prevents from any skin breakouts.
- Morus Bark Extract: Helps skin to be brightened up by assisting any pigments on the skin or freckles to be removed.
- Peony Extract: It participates in brightening up the skin through smoothing out the skin.
How to use:
- Wash your face and clean it dry.
- Apply the mask gently to cover over the whole face.
- Remove the mask after 15-20 minutes.
- Tap lightly to allow essence to be absorbed into the skin.
Your Skin Type: Sensitive (prone to redness), Combination, Acne-prone, Dehydrated
Choonee Bird’s Nest Brightening Mask Pack Review:
Packaging-wise, there’s not much to talk about except it being very cute and girly. Ripping the packet open and taking a quick whiff, the scent is quite mild and reminiscent of perfume. That’s the best I can come up with, at least, since it does not smell particularly floral and herbal in any way. Basically, even if you’re one to shy away from scents, unless you’re allergic to fragrance in your skincare products, the mild scent would definitely be possible to bear with no problem.
The mask is made out of natural pulp material and does not come with a plastic backing. However, I find that due to the lack of backing, it is easier for me to put on; but that may be just me. On me, the fit of the sheet mask is good. It’s a bit too short up top (ie. my forehead area) but fits the rest of my facial contours quite perfectly. There are awkward folds here and there, but it’s definitely not shabby at all.
In terms of the essence, it contains 25mL and has a colourless, essence-like consistency. Maybe think COSRX Snail Essence minus the stickiness. It’s quite pleasing, in my opinion, and definitely does not feel suffocating on my face.
Prior to use, I kept this mask in the fridge for awhile, so it definitely felt very nice and cooling when I slapped it onto my face. During the mask session, I found there to be no itchiness and/or irritation. Instead, it was a constant soothing coolness which I love and appreciate.
After about half an hour (I wore the mask longer than the recommended time because it was still wet to the touch), I took off the sheet mask to a brighter complexion, as promised. I also found my facial redness lessened and thus skin more even-toned.
My skin also felt very soothed even after taking off the mask, which is very much appreciated. However, I did feel as if my skin was not completely hydrated as it felt a bit tight (especially around my usual dry forehead area).
4.5/5. Overall, I really did enjoy the mask and it did hold true to its brightening claims. Docking half a mark due to the tight-feeling I experienced after masking, and the almost-perfect-but-not-quite fit.
However, I’m planning to repurchase and experiment with adhering to the recommended usage time to see whether that would affect the tight-feeling I mentioned. So, I’m hoping for the best! Definitely do pick this up if you can, though! Totally worth it.
Where to buy:
BBCosmetic for $12.20 for 10 pcs
Have you tried Choonee Bird’s Nest Brightening Mask?
Do share your thoughts in comments 🙂