COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner was purchased by Cosmeperks.
When Nigama contacted me to do a sponsored review and offered COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner, I was very interested seeing this product’s advertisement. First, I had no experience trying COSRX products before (yes I know I was outdated for not joining the hype); and second, COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner hadn’t been sold in my country yet. Aaanndd, it has such fascinating ingredients list I expect quite a lot! After rambling around the product details on the internet (which was very very rare), I found out that COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner was a product of COSRX x SYDNEY collaboration. That SYDNEY name didn’t ring a bell to me, but it might sound familiar for some of you.
To be honest, my previous SOME BY MI Galactomyces Pure Vitamin C Glow Toner hadn’t ran out yet, but on the bright side, I could do the exact comparison between COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner and it. A little flashback, I had to remind how satisfied I was with the latter and I’m quite curious to see whether COSRX could beat the SOME BY MI result. So, in order to make it more evident, I decided to use them parallel to both sides of my face.
Balancing toner that softens and moisturizes the skin with 72.6% propolis extract
Propolis Extract, Honey Extract, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Betaine, Cassia Obtusifolia Seed Extract, Panthenol, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
KEY INGREDIENTS : Propolis Extract 72.6% Honey Extract 10%
How to use:
1. Apply a proper amount evenly, avoiding the eye area
2. For maximum results, use with Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule which works together in synergy with this toner
Volume: 280 mL / 9.46 fl.oz
My Skin Type: Normal skin; some vague acne scars
COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner Review:
Firstly, let’s take a look at COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner packaging. It has quite bulky volume of 280 mL, packed in a doff-colored plastic bottle with a flip-top cap. I had proved that the cap is secured and perfect to prevent any leakage when I brought this product for travelling, but the main problem is the size itself. It was quite troublesome and heavy, so I always prefer to repack a big-sized product to a smaller one.
One, to be handier and second, to ensure the product’s hygiene. The toner itself was pale yellow and odorless, with a runny texture as visual but slightly sticky to the touch. As for the secondary packaging, COSRX provides a simple white cardboard box with important information in English and Korean.
COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner has relatively rich gooey texture when applied, it’s more viscous than normal water. I assume this is due to the percentage of propolis and honey extract. On the other side, I found no drawback toward the product application; it absorbed in fairly short time and left my skin moisturized and plumper.
However, I prefer to give this product quite some time before applying the next skincare steps, considering the scant stickiness it left upon using. In relation with the gooey texture, a little of COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner could go a long way as I only needed a small amount of it in every use.
Daily usages of COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner presented better condition of my skin, specifically in providing moisture and repairing dry parts in my cheek. Considering my working environment in a full air-conditioned office everyday, I must say that a perfect moisturizing product is what I need. I myself enjoyed touching my face because it was smoother and softer.
Furthermore, I recently bought PURITO Centella Green Level Recovery Cream, almost at the same time with this COSRX toner, and one of them helped to enhance my skin’s resistance toward period pimples, as no pimples came during my last period. I couldn’t decide which one played more role into this result, but let’s just say that the combo did it. After all, propolis could act as an antibacterial as well, couldn’t it?
On its official website, COSRX states that the key ingredients, Black Bee Propolis and Honey extract, acts as antioxidants and provides antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory benefits for smoother, healthier skin. How would I react to these claims?
- Antioxidant? No, I don’t think so. Antioxidants should help skin to repair itself and correct visible damage, but COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner did nothing to my acne scars. To be honest, I was very curious to see how COSRX toner would treat acne scars since the first time I saw the ingredients list, yet it didn’t act as an antioxidant for my skin.
- Antibacterial? Check. It helped to defend my skin toward pimples, although this might be a collaboration with PURITO Centella Green Level Recovery Cream.
- Anti-inflammatory? Haven’t decided yet. For me personally, the term ‘anti-inflammatory’ is closer to treat sunburn, irritation, redness, as well as acne. Yes COSRX Propolis Toner might help to protect my skin from possible acnes, but the other problems have never occurred to me – big thanks to the regular usage of high SPF sunscreen products, I think. However, honey and propolis themselves are a well-known products for healing and soothing problematic skin, as well as a great anti-inflammatory effect, so I assume this point was supposedly undoubted seeing high percentage of those components in the ingredients list.
- Provides smoother and healthier skin? Check. It leaves my skin smoother and softer, mainly due to the improved moisture content.
As I promised above, I tried to do the comparison between COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner and my previous SOME BY MI Galactomyces Pure Vitamin C Glow Toner. Both gave decent and satisfying result, but in different ways.
In short, they both provide moisture and resistance from pimples, but COSRX gives more hydration and healthier look while SOME BY MI plays more role in brightening skin and after a long time usage, help to make my acne scars look vaguer.
In terms of texture, SOME BY MI is quicker to absorb since it has runnier texture, but it did contain more fragrance and colorant while COSRX has less.
To sum up, I have to say that COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner is quite superb. It could improve skin condition in a short time, and the ingredients list is interesting too. According to CosDNA, this toner only contains necessary components and I suggest every skin condition to try this toner. It help to moisturize skin without making it greasy, even for an oily skin bearer.
Where to buy:
Have you tried COSRX Propolis Synergy Toner?
Do share your thoughts in comments.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing using those links may generate a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Click here for full details.