Kracie Hadabisei Facial Mask Clear Whitening Review:
After hearing about this brand of masks here and there, and almost asking my brother to buy it for me while he was overseas in Thailand (there’s a store filled with Japanese goodies there!), I decided to take the plunge when I saw it at my local drugstore instead. As I’m less prone to impulse purchases, this did take me a few trips before I gave in. Was it worth it, though?
- Contains 20mL of hydration serum per sheet for moisturizing and whitening the face area.
- It restores radiant complexion and natural transparency.
- Contains Vitamin C & Collagen to brighten dull skin.
- Recommended for normal, dry and delicate/sensitive skin types.
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Solluble Collagen, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen Seed Extract.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside (AA-2G): A vitamin derivative which is produced biologically by the reaction between glucose and vitamin C. It is a more stable form of pure ascorbic acid, thus allowing for wide usage in pharmacy and cosmetics.
- Soluble Collagen: Aims to increase collagen production in the skin as a means to anti-ageing benefits, however research has shown that soluble collagen in cosmetics are rarely absorbed by the skin. Hence, benefit would merely be as an additional moisturizing ingredient.
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract: A natural source of the antioxidant Vitamin C, and is also a natural astringent with powerful antibacterial and toning properties.
- Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen (Job’s Tears) Seed Extract: Job’s Tears is commonly used in Chinese herbal medicine, and has inadvertently become a known “beauty food”. In skincare, it is believed to refine and tone the skin, shrink pore size, prevent and treat dark spots resulted from sun exposure, and to prevent rough skin texture.
Link to Cosdna
How to use:
- Apply the facial mask after the washing foam and lotion.
- Tape the pouch for 2-3 times, open the pouch and unfold the mask.
- Quickly spread the mask evenly onto your face and leave it for 5-15 minutes (for dry skin, can leave the mask for 20 minutes).
- Remove the mask gently and tap your face with your fingertrips to promote absorption of the essence into your skin.
- Recommend to use 2-3 times a week.
My Skin Type: Sensitive (prone to redness), Combination, Acne-prone, Dehydrated
Kracie Hadabisei Facial Mask Clear Whitening Review:
Now, something I was surprised with in terms of the packaging was how flimsy it felt. Compared to Korean and Taiwanese sheet masks, this particular mask packaging from Hadabisei (a skincare brand line under Japanese cosmetics company, Kracie) definitely feels lighter and thinner, which did unnerve me at first, admittedly. But it’s definitely not a huge issue, as it’s not that easy to tear sans intent.
Tearing open the packet, a mild scent which verges on floral wafts out. The mask itself is made of thick and sturdy cotton, which means that it’s not easily torn. Putting on the mask, I immediately looked in the mirror in horror at my reflection.
The fit, while covering my face well length-wise (ie. it covered my forehead area – which rarely happens with most sheet masks – and chin perfectly) but wow was it a mess width-wise. As I’ve come to realise that I have a fairly small face, I had to hold myself back from laughing at my reflection as there was so much excess material needing folding. Nonetheless, I guess extra material is better than otherwise, right?
As my face was quite dehydrated, I had the mask on at the maximum recommended wait time of 20 minutes. While masking, I did find that the scent did not dissipate, but it did become slightly fainter and did not annoy me despite my sensitive nose. The mask was nice and cool on my face as I had stored it in the refrigerator prior to use (as I always do), but did verge on feeling heavy on my skin due to the thick mask material.
Taking off the mask, I was disappointed to find that there was minimal brightening effects despite its claims. However, I did find the dryness I felt prior to masking was no more as my skin felt soothed and sufficiently moisturised without feeling sticky/tacky to touch.
Also, as a short side note: while there was minimal essence left in the packet after use, I found a lot of essence – enough to coat my neck, and enough to pat on another extra layer onto my face, in fact – from squeezing out the mask after use. As seen from the picture, the essence has a clear, gel-like texture which absorbs into the skin with minimal stickiness.
In conclusion, I’d probably rate this a decent 3/5. While it did help to minimise dehydration issues, I felt that it did not entirely serve its purpose as a brightening mask since, well, there was honestly minimal brightening effects after masking.
However, maybe if I keep using this mask consistently 2-3 time a week as recommended, I’d be more appreciative. As it stands though, there are other masks out there that actually do meet its brightening claims, so I’ll probably stick to those. I do enjoy the fact that my skin felt soothed and not sticky afterwards, though.
Where to buy:
Have you tried Kracie Hadabisei Facial Mask Clear Whitening?
Do share your thoughts in comments 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing using those links may generate a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Click here for full details.